• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hero's Unlimited Imprisonment could hold its target captive in an infinite number of imaginary spaces for all of time. It wasn't some weak barrier that would allow casual interference with the real world.
Also, should probably mention how broken his sealing is now.

Wait before I add statistics reduction to Anti-Magic Area, isn't that specifically only weakens monsters? Will verse equalization allow them to get weakened?

MrDrProfessorPatricio said:
It didn't weaken the Farmus soldiers physically tho, only stopped them from using magic. Monsters are only affected
It affects everyone, besides those who resist it. The are certain spells though that can be use as stated by Hinata.

LN Volume 5

But what about Anti-Magic Area? It's an inferior version of the Holy Field and Farmus Soldiers seems to not weakened physically tho, only prevented the usage of magicules but I think that falls under power null.

But what about Anti-Magic Area? It's an inferior version of the Holy Field and Farmus Soldiers seems to not weakened physically tho, only prevented the usage of magicules but I think that falls under power null.
Monsters were only weakened by their astral bodies are made of magic. Those lower than C rank would die and lower than A rank who severly affected. I imagine it is the same principle for the Anti-Magic Barrier. The magicules are to be stated purified also.

"Hmm… Trying to buy time, then? Don't bother. You are cornered. This Holy Field prevents monsters ranked below A from even taking action. It is the ultimate anti-monster barrier—the pride of the Western Holy Church."

Not only did she see through my plan; she dropped quite a bombshell. This Holy Field was affecting me, making my body weak and my spirit weaker. If it was slowing me down this much, it'd probably kill any monster who didn't merit a C rank. My hobgoblins would hardly be able to move and would become ripe for being mown down. The realization upset me even more.

"Do you understand? All magicules inside this barrier have been purified. Even higher-level monsters like you find most of their energy taken up simply by continuing to exist. Your latent powers have left you."

I didn't need Hinata to spell it out. Experiencing this for myself, I could tell right off how dangerous a barrier this was. If I had to guess, it was crafted to hunt down monsters ranked A or higher—the so-called hazard class.
~ LN Volume 4- Epilogue​
I believed in the fight against the Holy knight, a lot of them were using spirit magic or holy magic which were not affected by the Anti-Magic Barrier and Holy Field. I think most barriers were taking down and I don't recalled knight using other magic in Anti-Magic Barrier.

But that's Holy Field tho which Rimuru doesn't have and I'm having doubts of statistic reduction on humans based on this statements

There were magicules left in the air around town, although not as much as before. If it wasn't for the Anti-Magic Area over it, you'd be able to cast magic to some extent. The Sage was right; my Multilayer Barrier made me feel no ill effects at all. This was far weaker than the Holy Field, which was a relief.
~ LN Volume 4​
Understood. The effects of Great Magic: Anti-Magic Area are detected, albeit with a reduction in magicule density. It runs on the same principle as Holy Field but is not uniform in composure, some areas being less dense than others. It is impure, likely an inferior version. Anyone inside it will be affected, but the effects can be resisted with Multilayer Barrier.
~ LN Volume 4​
I don't know how verse equalization treat Anti-Magic Barrier or Holy Field to humans

I am pretty suse it is stated that magicules can't flow; I will try to found a statement.

>I don't know how verse equalization treat Anti-Magic Barrier or Holy Field to humans

Here is a statement:

In the laws of magic, just like the laws of physics, there was the concept of going "high to low." Basically, if the air was filled with energy, I figured that would help prevent the energy covering all those souls from dissipating. If they lost this protection, the souls could go right through the barrier and be vaporized. A soul is a pure, unadulterated collection of energy; there is nothing to fence it in. And with the astral bodies of monsters made of magicules, if we could keep this energy from dissipating, I figured that would pen up the souls well enough. That was the Great Sage's take on things, and all I could do was count on that. (Humans, by the way, could pass through the barrier without resistance, since they had relatively few magicules inside their bodies. It was totally different from monsters, who were much more directly affected by that energy.)
~ LN Volume 5: Chapter 4​
It doesn't look like Human would be majorly affected though it might depend on how the verse treat magic energy

I think you guys are conflating Anti-Magic Area (the Great Magic used by Mjullan which just diables any use of magic and Rimuru later reverse-engineers for himself) with Prison Field (inferior version of Holy field kept up by 4 pillars, weakens monsters within and "purifies" magicules at the exits of the field, making escape very difficult for most monsters).

Oh, I see. Anti-Magic Area looks to disable all magic (spirit magic should not be affected since spirit are not magic, I think) while Holy Field and Prison Field have the same effect but Prision Field is around a weaker Potency.

It is like an evolved form of Endless Prison:

Report. Using the unique skill Unlimited Imprisonment as a base, the consolidation process has been completed. The unique skill Unlimited Imprisonment has evolved into the ultimate skill Uriel, Lord of Vows.
Wait. Waaaaaaait a second. Since when did I have Unlimited Imprisonment, too?! Because I think that's kind of an important piece of information, but Raphael treated it as a total given, didn't he…? I guess he's just the kind of person to lose all interest in a solved problem, no matter how difficult it was.

So. Lord of Vows. Or loyalty, to put it another way. The collected prayers from those who vow fealty to me. All those prayers crystallized to form this new ultimate skill—and the moment I obtained it, I could feel a new strength. Strength, and an unbelievably reassuring peace of mind. And why wouldn't I? This strength was proof positive of the bonds my friends and I shared.
~ Ln volume 5 - Chapter 5​

Honestly, I get confused why Unlimited Imprisonment or Endless Prison is view as more special in term of defense than Ulimate Skills Uriel since Uriel is an evolved of it.

On a good news, for me, its looks like Slimes are semi-spiritual lifeform as well, explained here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:NeoSuperior

I am happy; I spendied like 3 days reading that the entire web novel for the key words slime and the evidence for the statement were in the raws, lol

Now, I got the time to work with other CRT topic like Explosion Manipulation for both Ln and WN Rimuru, Honjou Masayuki (Web Novel)'s upgrade to 7-C and a possiblly High 4-C key, Analytical Predictio for Great Sage as Rimuru in Volume 4 made a statement on it (WN), Reactive Evolution for the first key Rimuru (Web Novel), etc!

Regarding Reactive Evolution, from Rimuru Tempest (Web Novel) fight versus Orc Disaster Gerudo (Web Novel), his skills with the support of Great Sage evolved in battle so this a good reasons for additions.

With the full support from the [Great Sage] I was able to use the skills to their full potential.
A never before seen optimized form of combat. I can even use [Black Flame Manipulation] now.
Moreover, [Body Armor] had changed into [Full Armor Transformation]. It further strengths my equipment.
Skills I had previously hard time mastering I now easily control with the help from [Great Sage].
~ Chapter 41​

Also, according to Veldora's skill evolution is quite rare and can take thousands of years so Rimuru's skill evolution is definitely special:

(Good for you, I guess. Skill evolution happens unexpectedly often, right?)

I ask,

(Fool! I didn't expect such a thing to happen for a few thousand years.
Well, since those who've experienced it don't go boasting about it, it's more of a secret than anything.
You have experienced something truly precious!)
~ Chapter 74​

I think he has the same feat in the Light Novel.

I honestly think that Rimuru's first key both LN and WN should have higher rated intelligence. Of course, Supergenius should only be for Ciel and above but I think its too much of a lowball that GS is only genius

I guess acquisation of Black Flame could be accelerated development since he figured it out on how it works from seeing Benimaru's using it but I think Reactive Evolution is more legit since it there is evidence that he gained abilities from response to threat like on how he did with gaining resistance to poison from just his analysis and he could could have aquired a new skill from it from his analysis. Furthermore, I check I the WN and it look like he gained resistance to resistance to magic barrier effect that was used Tempest as he could use magic.

• Gained resistance to the Holy Barrier effect because his magic was not nullified despited the first barrier doing so:
    • First, Barrier is stated to be a weaker version of the Holy Barrier so it stuff like Power Nullification, etc, but there is a statement magical energy can flow.
The barrier spread around the city put up a resistance. But, holding my left hand in front of me, I absorbed a part of the barrier and thus broke through.
After successfully entering the city I felt the barrier mend behind me.
Inside, the magic concentration has dropped significantly, but magic energy properly flows.
This barrier is clearly inferior to the Holy Barrier used against me.
What a relief…
~ Chapter 67​
I was iffy the magic energy statement and I think it was a mistranslation so I check and I found a supporting statement stated that the magical energy can't flow:

When Rimuru had gone off to battle, the city split between those who worked to keep up the barrier and those who were on their knees praying.
The former gathered in the center.
Since the barrier dispels magic energy, they worked hard to increase it even a little bit.
Everyone was busy dutifully fulfilling their roles.
~ Chapter 70​

I honestly think that Rimuru's first key both LN and WN should have higher rated intelligence. Of course, Supergenius should only be for Ciel and above but I think its too much of a lowball that GS is only genius
He did calculated with the help of Great Sage all the light possiition requirement for Mediggo's attack in both the WN and LN; so, it could be extraordinary genius. He created new filed of physics magic. THe calculation and the creation were under extreme pressure so his first key could qualified for Extraordinary Genius. His knowledge of magic and magic sciene is extremly high and is on the field of genius. Great Sage can predict the future from Calculation.

I belived he fixed the Ghost Researcher concept which Dwarf and elve's smartest people could not even get it to work and gave up on. I elaborated the reasons on Ramiris (Web Novel)'s profile, from a prior CRT.

Extraordinary Genius: Individuals whose knowledge spreads over many fields of science and who vastly surpass the intellects of the smartest humans on Earth. At this level, many are capable of creating futuristic technology, executing complex strategies even under high pressure, and potentially even accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations, or outperforming supercomputers. This is where super scientists of exceptional scientific knowledge begin to appear.

I think that should be added in the CRT you are making Elizhaa and I'll try to find more stuffs in the LN while I'm at it.

The Veldora Observation Journal is almost at the Gluttony vs Hinata part to see if the "eventually 5-B overtime" is true or not and need more information from Veldora about the dwelling spirit part

Really jumpy on adding stuff, also these slime revisions are never ending.

Creating flow on a conceptual level to add concepts to stuff =/= destroying concepts, also you would need acceptance in crt for something as absurd as high godly regen negation.

Reverting that edit.

Is all these scans and stuff just gonna be Rimuru? Other characters need that too, Rimuru gets too much focus here.

It's attacking on a conceptual level, and cutting you with the concept of severence. And I don't think it would need a CRT, because the regen standards effect everyone with Low-High Godly regen, and that would mean dozens of CRTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back