• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is attacking with the concept of severance, he isn't destroying concepts which is what high godly regen is regenerating from the destuction of a concept..

Well I finished LN Hinata's part and also Diablo (I think 80% done).

Rimuru has a lot of stuffs so we focused him for now and when we are done with him, it will be easy since we can use Rimuru's profile as a guide due to Food Chain

@Milly He is attacking with the concept of severance, he isn't destroying any concepts.

This is what the ability was agreed upon in the original thread, concept addition, it was never accepted as concept destruction.

High-Godly Regenerationn negation or/and High-Godly Regenerationn definitely need a CRT accepted before they can be added to profiles.

It's cool.

We don't need a crt for every little thing, that gets extremely annoying, but major stuff is a must.

That said i do still find the never ending crt's annoying, partly why i don't frequent this thread as much.

Celestial Pegasus said:
It's cool.
We don't need a crt for every little thing, that gets extremely annoying, but major stuff is a must.

That said i do still find the never ending crt's annoying, partly why i don't frequent this thread as much.
Yeah, apologies. That's why I added it without one, I had assumed that there would be dozens of CRTs for other verses too if I did add it. Me and Patrick are trying to work on making one huge CRT, instead of small ones like last year.

The profiles that are like 95% complete as of Vol. 8 are Rimuru, Hinata, Kyoya, Shogo

The profiles that are like 65% complete as of Vol. 8 are Benimaru, Shuna, Diablo

Ah, so fast; I forgot Geld's madness feat in the LN. I guess I will check it for the WN

I need some help to find proof that Folgen, Razen and Shogo have innate resistance to magic. It seems like otherworlders have resistance to magic but I can't find the statement about it. Their resistance is already there in the profiles before I fixed it but I don't know where they came from.

Also the same with Hakurou who has resistance to magic also in his 1st key. I'm kinda tired atm finding scans to all these profiles lol

MrDrProfessorPatricio said:
I'm done with the Farmus profiles. Gonna continue this tomorrow
Ah, now, I will need to update the WN's profiles to LN standard soon, lol

High level magic born have resistance to magic, this was said about Grucius who is fodder to Hakurou:

A higher-level magic-born like him had intrinsic magic resistance, and as long as limbs weren't flying off him, his Self-Regenerationn skill could heal most wounds. Anything short of lethal magic could be safely ignored.
~ Volume 5, Chapter 1​
Pretty sure it was said other times too but didn't save those.

There is this statement that armor can provide magic, in LN volume 1

There is this statement:

And—a slime, the lowest class of monster, defeated this?! Fuze wanted to shout at them to quit joking, but they all acted dead serious in their report. Between that, the dwarven artisans in town, and the healing potion that took care of even near-lethal injuries, he honestly began to wonder if they had dreamed it all. He suspected some form of illusory magic, but that was doubtful. Not as long as Elen was there. Magicians like her had high magical resistance, and anyone who could overcome that with their illusions was a Special A grade in themselves.
~ LN Volume 3​
So, I think all magician greater than Ellen would have the resistance to magic. It looks like that Monsters starting from A- have magic resistance:

"It's hardly a surprise," Rommel commented. "This knight spider is a local boss-class monster, rank A-minus. We can expect it to have a lot of magical resistance. Given how it's the apex predator around this area, you'd have to expect at least this much strength. It'll be hard for any of us to land a convincing blow at our levels…"
~ LN volume​
Sadly, innate resistance doesn't seems to scaled for otherwordler, Rimuru gained magic resistance from Gutton receive from Dragonnewts, for example; well, Rimuru's case could just be PIS as even weaker magic born had resistance to magic like:

Dragonewts also had Resist Magic, something I discovered when the Receive part of my Glutton skill granted it to me. It made me regret expending all that effort to "Provide" them with Multilayer Barrier, but all the same, I felt like I got something out of the deal.
~ LN Volume 3​
There is that other quote by CP's quote which also support this point above.

Well, resistance to magic is still possible with high-quality armor anyway.

I think yes. Magic Steel also has magic resistance and equipments that were given to Youmu had magic resistance.

Just saying, but the "Magic Resistance" Rimuru got from the Dragonewts is fundamentally different because that is an actual "Resistance Skill" unlike the others. The Resistance Skill is obviously far more potent than just being able to tank more magic than others and can even be made into a layer of the Multilayer barrier.

Wait why does Ifrit have only have Low-Mid regen?

That seems like a lowball considering he's being made of fire and a spiritual lifeform. But considering that he's a being made of fire, I doubt he's actually regenerating.

A intangible character can regenerate their intangible form like Portgas D. Ace and Word Devil. I do agree that Ifrit's Regenerationn sounds low-balled; it might be High.

I am a bit busy now but I aim to bring the argument for Extraordinary Genius for Great Sage soon.

MrDrProfessorPatricio said:
It looks like I'm gonna remove the magic resistance to those who are not magicians and magic-born (Shogo and Folgen)
To be fair, they could easily have magic resistance by equipments; it's not exactly rare in the verse.

ALso, rip, early Mid-Godly Regenerationn for foe rimuru's second key, Melt Slash was not properly defined at all. Well, it does have an erase statement but it is analogous to burning a character, from I read; I can check the raws later.

For the LN absorbing the soul, we have this statement:

"But did that mean when I ate Shizu, I took in her very soul as well? I was starting to think so, but the Great Sage provided no answer. It's always lecturing me on things I didn't ask it about but keeps its mouth shut in times like these. I imagine it'd answer if I deliberately thought the question, but nebulous queries like these were its main weakness"
~ LN Volume 4​
Also Skills are inscribed in the user's soul so Rimuru really eat (for example) Shizu's soul since that's where he obtain Deviant which is a unique skill which is etched to the user's soul

For the Melt Slash, is that for the WN? I thought Shiro translate the Melt Slash part?

Ok, thanks, the quote works.

For Melt Slash, it was the WN profile. In the Wn, all that is stated for Melt Slash (Spirit Destruting Slash) is what it was HInata's stongest technique, it is of Holy nature and attribute, [it can erase target by them to deathby burned them.

ÒÇîYou let your guard down, it's my win! Melting Slash!!ÒÇì

The speed of her swings again accelerated becoming light itself.
That sword, wrapped in various types of magic,

《Announcement. Impossible to block. Impossible to evade!!》
(Damn! That can actually kill me?!)

First time I heard Raphael's worried voice.

And, accelerating my thoughts to 10 million times the norm, I could only slowly watch as the sword approached me.
At that angle, with such timing.
I cannot evade, barriers are useless, but I guess I can try to move my consciousness into a clone.
But, since that attack fires off a light that erases everything. If I use the skill a moment too late, I'll be burned to death.
~ Chapter 94​

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot that Holy Attribute have NPI at worse so Rimru could still get Mid-Godly if his entired body was erase. Holy attribute NPI evidence:

The attack has holy attributes and was able to inflict damage to any type of monster
~ CHapter 90​
A group of six Death Wolves (Ghost Wolves) came running. With a speed that typical adventurers couldn't perceive, the wolves closed the distance in a dash.
It seemed to have judged the situation instantly from a distance, it would only receive attacks one-sidedly.
As expected of the monsters above the 50th floor. Even a monster that looked like a small fry had considerable intelligence.
By the way, one Death Wolf is considered B+ rank, so it spelled trouble if six of them gathered.

It was also a Ghost-type monster with the trait of nullifying damage if they weren't attacked with a Holy attribute weapon or a Magic weapo.
Even if its body vanished, it would regenerate immediately. So even just one wolf was dangerous if you didn't possess the countermeasure for it.
You would be devoured instantly if careless...

ÒÇîDon't underestimate me, you dogs! Uoryaaaa!!ÒÇì

The one with brown hair who had been grabbing and throwing air until now, took out an ominous battleaxe and swung it powerfully.
With one sweep, three Death Wolves turned into light particles and disappeared.
Ah, that ominous battle axe, I soon remembered that it was Minos Bardiche.
It was a Unique class equipment, and naturally, it belonged to the Magic weapon category.
Even if someone couldn't cast magic, it was still possible to damage a monster with the magic power possessed by the weapon.
Furthermore, this was related to the raw materials used to make the Minos series. Silver that had been mixed with Demon steel and turned into Mithril.
It was a specialized weapon that could easily inflict a great deal of damage to Undead-type and Ghost-type monsters.
~ Chapter 145​

I just realized that characters who have strong aura like Rimuru or Veldora have passive summoning because high concentration of magicule will spawn monsters. It may take a while for other characters like Rimuru but the spawning of monsters seems to be fast in Veldora's case in volume 8 in the labyrinth.

Unfortunately, those monsters are kinda weak if we take Charybdis as the maximum potential of this spawnage according to Rimuru.

"Veldora still seems to be able to suppress his aura, but it will probably lead to grave consequences if I don't deal with it. Wherever he finds to release his aura would probably turn its surrounding to a land of death. He may even cause a bunch of dangerous monsters to be spawned. It may even give birth to monsters at the same level as Charybdis.
If a real Calamity level threat is spawned, even if harmless, will still be treated as a dangerous creature by other nations."
~ LN Volume 7​
But their numbers are infinite over time due to magicule concentration and it will be a good distraction (If the character resist radhax of course)

I honestly thought it was unnecessary because the monsters created where so weak but this wiki is an indexing wiki so it should be added eventually.

Also, regarding the WN, all 7-C characters and without Ultimate Skills should have resistance to magic.

In the WN, it is pretty implicit that all monsters resist magic effect compared to human.

However, a clear scaling statement was hard to found in the WN.

In found a statement in the first after stories, in there, Diablo invite a a prior antagonist to work a job where knowledge was required and most importantly resistance to Mana is a requirement; Irina accepted the job (Chapter 320)

She is a A rank teacher there. Logically, all rank A monster and character should scaled.

True if they were only stronger that would boost Rimuru's wincon but it's still good nonetheless that it's infinite in numbers overtime and they will serve as a fine distraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back