• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz Ooal Gown vs Kusuo Saiki

Responding to whatever his passive mindreading gives him.

If not that then.... teleporting away, I guess? Hard to say, cause not much of a fighting series.

Karasu-Sage said:
We know Ainz opens with Grasp heart. Can he tank that?
Probably not. If he doesn't die instantly he can repare it once by reversing his own time to 24h prior.

If Saiki teleports he could get out of the spell range, though.

But Grasp Heart is explicitly listed as "Instant death" magic. He will totally die if he doesn't have something to help him live through it. Ainz is HAX.

Karasu-Sage said:
But Grasp Heart is explicitly listed as "Instant death" magic. He will totally die if he doesn't have something to help him live through it. Ainz is HAX.
I mean "instant death" probably doesn't mean literally instantly being dead. Like in the anime version the soldier at least grunted once before dying. But I guess he would die too fast to reverse time.

Teleportation is still an option.

And Saiki is hax right back ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

DontTalkDT said:
Karasu-Sage said:
I mean "instant death" probably doesn't mean literally instantly being dead. Like in the anime version the soldier at least grunted once before dying. But I guess he would die too fast to reverse time.
Teleportation is still an option.

And Saiki is hax right back ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't believe he would have time to reverse it. Personally of course.

He would probably be too much in shock to immediately respond with Time Reversal. Ainz just Grasp Hearts, he goes "Wait WHAT?!" and dead.

Akreious said:
He would probably be too much in shock to immediately respond with Time Reversal. Ainz just Grasp Hearts, he goes "Wait WHAT?!" and dead.
Well, as said grasp heart will only have effect if Saiki doesn't teleport out of its range, which I would assume is his first move. (And if he doesn't he would attack in turn...)

And, while I am not saying that he can necessarily reverse time fast enough, I doubt Saiki would be much in shock, considering how he rarely shows any strong emotion whatsoever.

If Saiki's mind reading works he will not be suprised either way. So one important question is whether Ainz can resist mind reading on Saiki's level.

A debatable answer as ainz is still bounded by some limitations from his game and thus this might only apply to him against WCI holders, but ainz should have some resistance to reality warping via his WCI.

Reinhardthrowhisspear said:
Kusuo's RW is planetary if I remember correctly. Ainz resist that scale?
Likely no, in his verse the GMs themselves were unable to create a way for the players to resist the effects of the planetary WCIs

OpMasada said:
Likely no, in his verse the GMs themselves were unable to create a way for the players to resist the effects of the planetary WCIs
Like another WCI for example. It's literally stated as when Ainz and otehr WCI weilder resist Ouroboros.

Saiki's RW is only planetary if his limiters are off. Also, I think he needs to take his limiters off for RW in general, since he needed to to change his school rules to allow part time jobs.

About grasp heart, it's literally just crushing the heart of the opponent. It's instant death in game because if it takes effect the opponent will die, but it still takes time for your brain to shut down after you stop having blood transferred. Saiki could realize what's going on in that time and rewind.

Nope, Grasp Heart cause death instantly:

Volume 11

"Umu… dealing with fools is truly tiresome."

A cold voice rang forth.

Why did his father's instincts as one of the living not tell him that Death awaited him? It must have been his Draconic avarice at work here.

"You idiot! You've just thrown away the only chance you had to survive! No, I should kill youÔöÇ"

"[Grasp Heart]."

And with that, his father's body slumped powerlessly to the ground.

All eyes went to the body of the strongest Dragon here.

The way he did not move at all looked like he was sleeping. Of course, that was definitely not the case.

The air in the room turned cold, and the Supreme Being spoke.

Blahblah9755 said:
Saiki's RW is only planetary if his limiters are off. Also, I think he needs to take his limiters off for RW in general, since he needed to to change his school rules to allow part time jobs.
About grasp heart, it's literally just crushing the heart of the opponent. It's instant death in game because if it takes effect the opponent will die, but it still takes time for your brain to shut down after you stop having blood transferred. Saiki could realize what's going on in that time and rewind.
Yes, Grasp Heart is instant death, it causes Instant death on top of crushing the targets heart, or whatever would be considered its heart. Anything and everything hes ever used it on literally dies instantly and never really see it coming at all and just die instantly.

Intelligence: Expert strategist in combat. Always tries to fight with knowledge of his enemy, and doesn't underestimate his opponents. Unless he knows for sure that the enemy is no threat, he will usually start the battle with instant death spells like Grasp Heart.

When is it stated that this is actually death manipulation? The explanation on his page and the Overlord wiki say that it crushes the heart to cause instant death. Instant death just means it's a 1 hit kill.

As for why they wouldn't even be able to speak after it's used on them, I would assume the stun affect. Which would keep Saiki from going back in time.

"When is it stated that this is actually death manipulation? The explanation on his page and the Overlord wiki say that it crushes the heart to cause instant death. Instant death just means it's a 1 hit kill."

Because it's treated the same as regular Death Manipulation Spells. Like in the game, if you resist the spell [True Death], you would resist [Grasp Heart] because they're both death inducement. Meanwhile, resisting [Telekinesis] would not allow you to survive [Grasp Heart] despite Grasp Heart being something like using telekinesis to kill someone's heart.

Basically, yes we're using game mechanics. But since the Game Mechanics turned into reality in Overlord, it makes sense.

"As for why they wouldn't even be able to speak after it's used on them, I would assume the stun affect. Which would keep Saiki from going back in time."

I'm half asleep right now so I have no idea what this part is talking about. So... Talk on I guess. ;L

Blahblah9755 said:
When is it stated that this is actually death manipulation? The explanation on his page and the Overlord wiki say that it crushes the heart to cause instant death. Instant death just means it's a 1 hit kill.
As for why they wouldn't even be able to speak after it's used on them, I would assume the stun affect. Which would keep Saiki from going back in time.
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Extrasensory Perception ETC.... Death Manipulation.

Death Manipulation in Overlord are spells that cause instant death (Its literally called instant death magic). Like Grasp Heart, it straight up says Grasp Heart is a 9th Tier Instant Death Spell in the novels.

Also just look at the end of this.

Attack Potency: Varies with low tier spells, up to Island level with high tier spells, likely Island level with Perfect Warrior. Unknow with Wish Upon A Star (Also, some of his spells such as Grasp Heart, Reality Slash and The Goal of All Life is Death etc ignore conventional durability).

Its clear that the target is literally just being killed instantly and its not just just because of the heart being crushed. Grasp heart ignores conventional durability because its Death Manipulation.

Back