• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strife of the Reborn (RP Thread)

@labyrinth

"Right. Well there should be a Kusanagi here somewhere you can talk to, just come deeper inside."

As Lailah says this, all of her copies revert to her other form in preparation for the visitor walking around.

@Labyrinth

"Let's go then."

Kusanagi said, before teleporting herself and the other two to somewhere outside the location in question, in an alley nearby so they don't disturb the locals right away.

@CrimsonStarFallen

The swordswoman would, if no obstacles presented themselves along the way, be found floating and meditating in a deep part of the labyrinth, many swords surrounding her in various states of construction.

She doesn't immediately react in any way, but you do feel that she has taken notice of your presence.

@Mexico

She entered, not particularly fearing Lailah thanks to her memories and such.

"I wished to speak with you, to everyone actually."

...so, are you gonna say something?

This is awkward okay?

"So, hey, been a while since we've spoken, right?"

Last edited:
@japan

"So, have either of you had this type of food before?"

@mexico

Lailah turns to face her visitor, and wipes off her hands as she stands up.

"Hmm? About what?"

@Paul_Frank and @ZephyrosOmega

"I have actually. Some of the foods this place is supposed to have were very similar to the ones from the place of my birth."

Kusanagi explained as they began making their way to the place, out of the alley they appeared in.

@CrimsonStarFallen

The main Kusanagi opened her eyes and floated to the ground, the swords either falling or dispersing outright.

"So it has, it has been a while since I have seen you at all. What brings you so deep into this place?"

She asked.

@Mexico

"Well, about your views of the world. I want to see everyone's perspective, that might help me understand how to proceed from here."

I grin as she actually looked me in the eye.

"Yeah. I remembered something you said to me back in the last time we've met. When i was still struggling to understand how emotions work, or even why living was worth it at all."

I straighten my back as i say so.

"I think i got the hang of it, but i still don't really get something. Why... do you want to kill the God who brought us here so badly?"

There is no malice in my voice, but genuine curiosity. It is clear i won't oppose her, but i want to know her reasons, properly.

@japan

"I see, interesting. Food similar to your place of birth's huh, that'll be an experience then."

@mexico

"You'll need to be more specific." She replies plainly

"What views on which parts of the world are you trying to get? Views on humanity and mortals, views on this world in specific, on us, on the beings above us, views on the actual physical planet or universe, views on the meaning of such things etc. all of those are decently different topics, I'm not sure what you're asking for in specific."

@Japan

"It's not that special, it's just a bit similar to what I remember."

She said, sounding a bit embarrassed.

@CrimsonStarFallen

"There's many reasons. For one, I do not want to be a prisoner of fate any longer. I have had enough of facing fates I could do nothing to fix. For two, the freedom of this world, and of all of us. The entity's messenger told us we were summoned here as a mere game for it, and it saw it content to twist and alter us, like it did with Sophia. I don't think an existence like that is worth it at all. And for three, to put an end to this twisted game such that more ruin isn't brought upon this world or any other by people like us."

She explained, landing and standing up.

"And also, what you mentioned there. Have you figured those things out then?"

The swordswoman asked, sounding genuinely curious.

@Mexico

"Existence as a whole, I guess. That being that brought you all here, as well as the being that made me. And what you think we should strive to do."

@japan

Lailah nods with the explanation and smiles.

"Okay then."

@mexico

"I believe the being that brought us here is odd, I'm not sure what to think of it in truth. It's certainly not seeming as malicious as some think, the most overtly hostile thing it's done is the situation with the priestess, where her god was corrupted when she tried to call it here. But everyone has their own reasons for wanting to deal with it, myself included." She states

"The sacred palace guardian that made you... hmm." Lailah seems to think for a second not sure what her opinion on it is. "I guess they're also not really overtly evil or bad. I've never seen them though so I can't say for sure what they're like, or what my opinion is. I did intend to try and take the place eventually, but it seems like the chance for that might not pass, ah, such is life. I'll say though, if you intend to fight them, you should either go alone, or go in with a plan if you're planning to have Kiara and co help you, so they don't die for it."

"Existence as a whole... I don't have an answer to that one. The nature and meaning of existence varies depending on the individual experiencing it afterall, and that ties into my answer for what we should strive to do. There's no universal answer to that, if I said something like 'defeat the being that summoned us', that's short term in the grand scheme of things, it's not really a plan since it leaves you with nothing else afterwards, it's a goal along the way."

"For me personally, existence has been painful, it hasn't been a very good life, but it's not like I'd ever lose it either, so I was trapped in a rather hopless position. Despite this, being able to push forward and maintain some degree of positivity, some belief in the potential for the world to be saved, that's a good thing... that's what I told myself everyday at least. So my goal I'll strive toward is the one you've surely gained knowledge of from Kusanagi's memories, I'll fix the world and make it a better place, regardless of what stands in my way, be that the sacred palace guardian, the thing that summoned us, or other summoned." She answers, an uncharacteristically harsh and determined tone creeping into her voice

Zeskiel smiles warmingly at this responce.

"Good. I think we may be on the same page then. I have my own people who i have found, so i was afraid... that killing that God would have made them all vanish, and i would be all alone again. But, to kill a God is to be a God, right?"

He looks up, seemingly staring into space.

"I think i got the hang of my emotions. And how they work. So, i had a lot of hindsight to do."

After saying that, he looks at her straight in the eye and bows apologetically.

"I'm sorry for the trouble i caused. For when Izanagi battled with us, and specially before that. I just caused trouble for everyone, and i couldn't do anything to repay it."

@Moon

The shine coming from Sophia would peak, then decreesing down to a very light glow, the priestest having become clearly much stronger than before.

"So, while i assume you three have already started doing so, shall we begin the preparations ?"

He asks to the Kusanagi, Kiara and Lailah.

@Japan

The group reach the restaurant and enter. It is a rather exquisite looking place with various decorations reminiscent of ancient times and fancy wooden tables. Kusanagi goes to sit down.

"What do you two think?"

@CrimsonStarFallen

"Your own people, what do you mean by that?"

She inquired.

"As for that, well, in a way, yes, you probably would be one at that point. But it's a matter of what you do with that power and opportunity. How your perspective is affected."

She continued, and then froze up for a moment when she heard the name "Izanagi" mentioned.

"...that was my fault. I should have known better, I should not have used that sword."

Kusanagi said, sounding rather regretful as she spoke.

@Moon

Kusanagi looks uncertain.

"Preparations. I'm not sure what we can prepare exactly. We are either have the power or we don't, and I am uncertain if we do yet."

@Mexico

"I see."

The mirror woman seems to think for a moment.

"Why do you want to fix this world, if I may ask? I know her views on it, but yours I do not fully understand yet."

@japan

"It's a nice place, good decor, and it seems to have the feel of this country in older times."

@moon

"That depends, preparations against what?"

@mexico

"Why do I want to fix this world in specific, is what I assume you're asking. Aside from helping out those two, my own reasons for my fix boil down to having the means and being here."

Lailah bites her lip rather hard to focus herself, drawing a few drops of blood, and continues.

"Back in my world, it's a miracle I persevered, some days it felt like one push was all it'd take, and" She snaps a small stick in-between her fingers to emphasize her point

"In such a case, I'd have certainly tried to destroy everything, I didn't have the means to fix things there. Now though, here I have a world where others have a fate similar to that which I had, and the means to make it better, a way that would fix things and make a better world. Why wouldn't I do it then? I suppose you could say I want to prove to myself that I can make the world better, and this is my testing ground. This is where I prove to myself I'm capable of something like this."

Last edited:
"...sorry, i shouldn't have said that so casually. It's obviously a topic that you struggle with... i guess tact is still something i haven't learned, eh?" Zeskiel says, sarcastically.

"For the record, i don't think you were wrong, but we all had a fault in that whole dissaster. The best thing we can do is to take our revenge, against that God." He smiles, confidently.

"You asked for my people, right?" He takes hold of space itself and tears it like a zipper. The other side reveals Planet Z, a mechanical giant a few times bigger than Earth, heavily armed and defenced. It holds about 1000x Earth populace right now, with most of the people there being bioengeeneered life, human and otherwise, as well as several demons from other dimensions.

"We are a weird bunch, but they are family to me. I named all of them myself."

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"While that may be true for each of us individually, i belive we could make quite a lot of thing if we combine our abilities."

She explains.

@Paul_Frank

"Prepare for the next time the entity sends someonething at us, while also preparing to take our offensive against it."

@Japan

"Well, thank you, I am glad to hear my choice is well received."

While the group does get some odd stares due to their choice of outfit, no one dares to actually say anything. Not long after, a few menus are brought to them to look through.

@Moon

"I suppose that may be worth a try. Most of my powers are highly destructive though, so I do not know how much I will be able to add to something like that."

She said, scratching her head.

@CrimsonStarFallen

"No, it's fine, I just..."

She seems to be at a slight loss for words.

"It's a mistake I have to live with."

She then lightly coughs, as if to move on from the topic.

"So... you created a species of your own, huh. That's... something I think I have the power to do as well, though so far I have not done much of the sort. What is it like?"

@Mexico

"...To prove that you can do it? I suppose that is as good a reason as any."

She spoke, sounding as if she was deliberating something.

"But just how far are you willing to go?"

She raised her hand, projecting a holographic image of the planet.

"This world belonged to humans before all of this. Would you keep it that way?"

I stratch my head due to the awkwardness.

"Oh, right. They were created from pieces of my gene, so their power of evolution is unrivaled. I also used my powers to increase their intelligence, compared to humans, by like... a few trillion times, i guess? It's how we got my planet like that so quickly."

I point at all the canons and defences around the surface.

"We still don't really have a culture, with how young we are, but our bonds are invincible. We are like brothers, after all."

@japan

"So... what do you order here?"

@moon

"Hmm I see, I've been doing general preparations for various things. Not particularly for an offensive against the thing that summoned us, because it's hard to plan for fighting something you know you're unable to deal with at present."

@Mexico

"That was the plan, I intended to remove what I needed to remove from the world to achieve my goal. To cause the rejected and spurned to be accepted instead, I don't intend to destroy humanity to do so. Although, whatever comes of them after I do that, that's up to them. I believe a future where I've done the changes Kiara, Kusanagi and I discussed, has the highest probability of allowing humanity to survive long as a species and advance however."

"So yes, if possible, humans would remain the chief species of the planet."

@Paul_Frank @The_Divine_Phoenix

Sophia smiles, lightly bowing in thankfulness.
"I'm glad to hear that you are willing to work togheter with me. Now, an hospital is not quite the place for ability thinkering, so shall we move somewhere more appropriate ?"

She proposes, then turning to look at Leilah in specific.

"By the way, about the souls i promised you a while back, they are ready now."

Last edited:
@Japan

It seems the place was primarily a sushi place, offering a large variety of choices in that regard.

Kusanagi would order a large variety platter for herself.

@Moon

"I suppose we could head somewhere else, though this place works as fine as any. As I said though, I can offer little in the way of preparation myself, unless you need something taken away or killed."

Kusanagi noted, somewhat lamenting this fact.

@CrimsonStarFallen

Kusanagi seems to stare off into "space" for a brief moment upon hearing that.

"Are they all individuals, then? Not just extensions of you or something like that, like clones would be?"

She asked, sounding genuinely curious still.

@Mexico

"And what do you believe you have to remove?"

Murakumo inquired.

"Would they truly remain humans afterwards?"

Zeskiel nods at that.

"They are all extensions of me in that they were all birthed by me, and killing me is needed to make them die, but otherwise, no, they are all their own individuals, with their own goals. It's kinda of overwhealming, having to take care of all of them."

He laughs, a hint of painfulness in his voice.

@moon

"Hmm? Oh, the souls, right, I remember. In any case, I guess we can go to the main labyrinth for now, it's as good a place as any."

Lailah points over to a point of warped space nearby

"After you."

@japan

Lailah decides to just follow Kusanagi's lead, and orders the same, being unsure of what else to get otherwise

@mexico

"Was that not included in the memories you gained from Kusanagi? Their unfair prejudice and predisposition to ostracize those who are different, essentially, additionally, I was requested to remove unnecessary hatred and violence and such. Things along those lines, I could explain more specifics, I suppose, if you needed."

"And they'd still be human afterward, I'm pretty sure. Their material composition remains the same, they maintain their own individuality and capability for free thought, all they lose are unnecessary things, and those things, when removed, improve the quality of life for humanity as well."

@Japan

"I am a bit curious, what did you do for fun in your old worlds?"

The woman inquired as she waited.

@Moon

"I suppose I may be able to "purify" some things, or things akin to that, by depriving them of their impurities, or by killing them, but besides that, I am uncertain."

She spoke, sounding neutral for the most part

@CrimsonStarFallen

"What do you hope to achieve through creating them, if I may ask? Is there a particular goal you would like to do, or was it just to see what it's like?"

Kusanagi inquired.

"Any time I make something, it is for a specific purpose, like those blades. Is that the same here?"

@Mexico

"It was, but I wanted to hear it from you. There's a difference between that and experiencing it for myself. And I see. Though you have went through all those things, you still wish to go through with your own view of helping humanity."

Murakumo noted.

"That is rather commendable, I think. But what of that other woman, what do you think to do in regards to her? Layla, that is."

Zeskiel kind of hangs in the tear in space and stares at the planet for a second.

"I don't wanna be lonely. I wanna be depended on, and be dependent. It's a step towards... maturity, i guess."

@japan

"For fun..." Lailah repeats, visibly stumped

"Well umm, I didn't have many chances to do normal things for fun, but weaving new curses, seeing new places, and seeing how things developed and changed over the years was interesting I guess." She sounds unsure, evidently not having expected this sort of question, and seems to think again

"I had a pet of sorts, interacting with them was fun."

@moon

The warp in space that Lailah pointed towards swells, and envelops them before disappearing, as they find themselves in the labyrinth.

@Mexico

"I'm unsure what to think regarding Layla. She's interesting I suppose, she has her reasons for being how she is, although I'm not sure of what she wants to do exactly."

@labyrinth

Sophia looks around, methaporically taking in the surrondings, then turning back towards the two.

"Respectable place i'd say, a bit crowded tho."
She comments, as she then teleports a white orb to herself, which Leilah would be able to feel be full of souls, Sophia handing it to her.

"Anyway, to properly and most effectivelly work togheter on this project, we must know the full extents of each other's abilities, so may you two be up to share the knowlage ? I'll start first just to say."

[Basically, we just say we now know in-rp of all each other's picks/powers]

@Japan

"A pet? What was it?"

Kusanagi looks genuinely curious.

@labyrinth now

"I will tell you some."

Kusanagi stated. While she would not detail everything, she gave a general outline of what her abilities were.

@CrimsonStarFallen

"Be depended on... I see."

Kusanagi thinks for a bit.

"I don't think I ever truly asked, but what... are you exactly?"

@Mexico

"I recall memories of Kusanagi being angry with her, viewing her as a hypocrite of some sort. What do you think of those?"

She inquires.

@japan

"Nothing that exists in this world, and likely not anything that existed in your world, it might have been unique to where I'm from."

@labyrinth

"I honestly couldn't tell you everything even if I wanted to, because my capabilities continue expanding. But..." Lailah launches into explanations of On, parts of her physiology, and some of her magic, along with an explanation on how styles work, and about concept spaces.

@Mexico

"I can see why she'd think that I suppose. As for whether I'd declare her a hypocrite myself, I'd probably need to talk to her again and learn a few more things to decide myself, can't judge things just by what others think afterall."

Zeskiel turns around, sighs, and "pulls out" his flesh, revealing a pathway to the Abyss, a chilling darkness covers the room. He puts it back up, the chills fading away.

"An eldritch god, an alien from a universe long dead or just a dude who had no concept of anything? I... don't know. Where i was from, there was no darkness or light, there was just nothing."

@Japan

"Well, what's the best explanation you can give of it, then?"

She asked.

"You could try projecting an image too."

The swordswoman suggested.

@Labyrinth

Kusanagi mostly spoke of the power to destroy, the power to cut, and the power to kill gods. Though a few other details were included.

@CrimsonStarFallen

"Those are many options, all of them rather unusual. Are you certain you even "existed" before being called here?"

@Mexico

"I suppose that is a fair reason. Though, why have you granted her one of your bodies like you did?"

The mirror image inquired.

"That... is a good question."

She may have a point. You say you existed in nothingness before being summoned, but looking into your records, there is nothing there. Kind of like a blank.

"i suppose... i didn't. Was i created on a whim by the God of this world, who left me with the ability to be self-aware and free, but defective emotions?"

If so, what a cruel God.

@Labyrinth

Alright, so, hearing out the two's powers, Sophia comes up with some ideas.

First off, Sophia and Lailah can do a whole lot of sceninigans with Astral Particles and the Magicka of the latter, as swel as the fact the both of the have ways to fuse powers to an extent.

Second off, she and Kusanagi could couple togheter the connection to the Force with the Sage Force to massivelly boost the former.

Last edited:
@japan

"Right, here."

She puts her hand palm up, and projects an image. The image is constantly changing in size, shape, and color.

"It's part of a rather varied species as you can see, this one in particular could shift from its basic appearance to almost any other one though."

The image settles on one appearance, a small, grey, amorphous mass with multiple eyes and tentacle like appendages.

"There we are, this is It's basic form, but it usually looked like this when I owned it."

It shifts again, showing a large blue dog, with four horns going backwards, both cloven and clawed feet, and a tail resembling a bunch of vines.

@labyrinth

"So you want us to consolidate our powers in hopes that we can prepare for the beings above us huh? I suppose I can see the thought process." She looks over at her other selves work, appraising it before turning back and continuing

"I did agree to help, so I'm willing to try whatever experiments of these sorts you come up with I suppose, so long as it doesn't mess with my objective in the end, which it most likely won't."

@mexico

"Well, it was either that or kill her to be fair. I doubt she'd have stood sealed in the sword forever, and likely would have found someone else to give her a body, at which point she'd have been harder to deal with potentially. Granting her a body also got me the knowledge I wanted, so I'd say it's a fair trade really."

@Japan

"That's quite interesting. I had never seen a creature like that before in my world."

Kusanagi responded, observing the projection.

"As a ruler, I didn't have much time for hobbies myself, though I did enjoy fighting. Might be my oni blood talking, I suppose. After everything, I devoted myself to improvement, and that's all I really did then."

She gave her perspective.

@Labyrinth

"Interesting. Another mental force, huh. I suppose that could work."

Kusanagi also described her nature as a living relic, among other things, and her connection to the source of all life.

@CrimsonStarFallen

"Not even existed, huh? I wonder if that's the truth of your origin, or if more lies beneath. You are an odd one, to be sure. I certainly existed then, and I am far closer to not existing now than I was before I was brought here."

She explained, wondering about his very nature.

@mexico

"What did you ultimately learn from her, anyway? Was it just power, or did she possess some insight into this place that we lacked?"

Murakumo inquired.

"That is the question, isn't it. All this talk of existence and non-existence, makes me wonder what 'existing' even mean."

He stops sitting mid air and puts his feet on the ground.

"So, what are you planning to do? It's been so quiet lately, it makes me wonder why the God gave us new powers if new challenges aren't to be given."

@japan

"I figured you wouldn't have, it was an oddity even in my own world." Lailah notes

"I see, I guess neither of us had much time for hobbies then, rather sad, but it's good you found something you enjoyed, even if it's because of your blood."

@mexico

"A bit of both, and some insight into herself." She explains, placing more philosopher's stones into the floor.

@Labyrinth

Sophia nods.

"By the way, if either of you thinks of any ideas on abilities combinations, i'm open to hear them."

@Japan

"So it is. But, nowadays I don't think I even could do a proper fight anymore, at least not against anything besides that god. Too deadly. Every edge seems to bleed death into existence now."

Kusanagi lamented, slightly sad at this, though the power was certainly useful.

"As for my blood, the founders of the kingdom I came from were a human and an oni. I am their descendant, and the blood was stronger in me than it had been in anyone for generations."

She explained.

@CrimsonStarFallen

"It has been quiet. Maybe it's just watching what we'll do for now? In any case, I think I want to kill the entity from that world that Lailah opened up as the first step. I think I can do that now. From then on, well, try to improve, prepare for anything that comes."

She recounted in short.

@Labyrinth

Kusanagi extended her arm a little, showing off her relic, the blade embedded into it.

"Somehow I feel there is something that we could do with this. It possesses a curse stronger than anything I've seen Lailah wield, but it's still a curse, and I feel it may be linked to something."

She stated.

@Mexico

"What was that insight?"

The mirror image asked.

"And what are these for?"

Back