• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-C Tournament: Saiki K Vs Mahito

ShionAH Vs speedster352
Kusuo Saiki Vs Mahito

Tournament
Round 2.
Rules: Equal Speed, SBA

Saiki K: DontTalkDT, ShionAH, edutyn, KingNanaya
desktop-wallpaper-fanart-kusuo-saiki-psikikusuo-saiki-k-anime.jpg

Mahito: speedster352, noisyPitta
caf85d12606cf1d9e9990aa750ef3103.jpg

Incon: Dr._whiteee

Last edited:
Saiki has passive mind reading, so he knows what Mahito plans to do in advance. Via his teleportation he should then be able to dodge everything thrown at him. From there telekinesis, petrification or mind control win the fight.

Last edited:
Honestly, isn't this a stomp in Saiki's favor?

I can change it so that Mahito fights Kaiju, and Saiki fights Taokaka if it's fine with the others.
The tournament is high hax, stomps are to be expected. Don't see why they need to be swapped.

Personally i at least wanna hear if Mahito can do anything before declaring it a stomp.

Mahito is at a huge disadvantage here, since he really needs to be in melee to have any real effect. Saiki's passives and range make it pretty much impossible for Mahito to get close, mind reading and telekinesis alone would likely be enough to do him in.

I'm thinking Saiki wins too. Tho I guess for the sake of platings devil advocate, aren't Cursed Spirits imperceptible and completely untouchable by non-sorcerers? (I'm like 90% sure from the bit I've watched of Saiki k he can see and affect Ghosts)

It'd prolly be beneficial to be in an area with humans since Mahito likes using corpses as projectiles and traps. As for closing a distance between the two after being mind-read, Mahito can give himself speed amps by shape shifting (He was able to blitz Nanami from across the room by adapting animal legs. With Nanami previously being equal of not superior to Mahito).

But yeah, don't see a lot going for Mahito I guess if be was able get in close and use Domain Expansion or something? Don't really remember Saiki's opening moves in a fight. Mostly remember him using random assortments of abilities throughout the episodes.

I'm thinking Saiki wins too. Tho I guess for the sake of platings devil advocate, aren't Cursed Spirits imperceptible and completely untouchable by non-sorcerers? (I'm like 90% sure from the bit I've watched of Saiki k he can see and affect Ghosts)

It'd prolly be beneficial to be in an area with humans since Mahito likes using corpses as projectiles and traps. As for closing a distance between the two after being mind-read, Mahito can give himself speed amps by shape shifting (He was able to blitz Nanami from across the room by adapting animal legs. With Nanami previously being equal of not superior to Mahito).

But yeah, don't see a lot going for Mahito I guess if be was able get in close and use Domain Expansion or something? Don't really remember Saiki's opening moves in a fight. Mostly remember him using random assortments of abilities throughout the episodes.
Actually thats a fair point. I was looking at this as if verses were equalised, but if we are considering Mahito's status as a cursed spirit, then yeah he might have a chance. Saiki does have intangible interaction listed though, so I don't know if that would help.

Actually thats a fair point. I was looking at this as if verses were equalised, but if we are considering Mahito's status as a cursed spirit, then yeah he might have a chance. Saiki does have intangible interaction listed though, so I don't know if that would help.
It would be weird if verses were equalized, cuz then it kinda nerfs Mahito's hax. And in a high hax tournament, that's kind of detrimental. Given it'd take neutralize several of his hax that net him wins. Could be wrong tho, maybe equalization is in play.

Don't Cursed Spirits also lethally poison/curse people btw?

Didn't realize the guy is a spirit in common sense, that makes it more interesting.

If humans are around Saiki can just take off his glasses and instantly petrify him.
And the speed thing can be solved by the reality warping that makes brains work much faster in important situations.

And if Saiki would get touched he could reverse time to undo the effect. And touching him also has the risk of getting teleported into deep space.

Don't Cursed Spirits also lethally poison/curse people btw?
Humans who ingest cursed objects without the right protection get poisoned and usually die, but cursed spirits have no inherant ability to do so. The thing with cursing people in JJK is that if a curse user/cursed spirit uses their technique on a civilian who cant see their powers, it would look like some curse placed upon them, even if we as the viewers know how their technique works.

For instance. Saiki might watch as random civilians get mutated into horrific forms seemingly at random but if he could see Mahito, it would be obvious that he is slapping them with his hands each time.

I think the key factor in this fight is how Saiki's non-physical interaction works.

If humans are around Saiki can just take off his glasses and instantly petrify him.
Doesn't Saiki rarely use that? I haven't watched all of Saiki, but I only remember him using it once, and it wasn't his intention (IIRC, he lost his glasses, or someone took them from him, and he accidentally petrified them). Though I do wonder how petrification would interact with Mahito. Because he can manipulate his own soul to change the properties and features of his body. Would it be possible that he could just revert himself because to skin like properties via his ability to manipulate his own soul?
And the speed thing can be solved by the reality warping that makes brains work much faster in important situations.
I don't see anything about this in his first two keys (On in his profile in general. I guess it's just something that people forgot to add). How much faster does their brain work?
And if Saiki would get touched he could reverse time to undo the effect.
If Mahito touches you, you're like instantly converted into a flesh abomination who's brain doesn't function correctly anymore. They obey him, and eventually die, because transfiguration destroys the brain stem.

12.jpg
13.jpg

So if Saiki was transfigured, he wouldn't be able to think of reverting back. His brains would already be dead due to the shock of his bodies system as a result of cellular transfiguration. To put it simply, they become mindless corpses who follow commands Mahito gives them.
And touching him also has the risk of getting teleported into deep space.
A risk? Why, is it not something he has on all the time? Though I'm not sure if Mahito being in space would exactly kill him given he's not human, but rather a spirit.
Humans who ingest cursed objects without the right protection get poisoned and usually die, but cursed spirits have no inherant ability to do so. The thing with cursing people in JJK is that if a curse user/cursed spirit uses their technique on a civilian who cant see their powers
I was referring to Curses like the one in volume zero, that after biting Maki cursed her. Causing her to die from poison (Though was saved thanks to Yuta). Or how Yuta cursed Rika into becoming a Cursed Spirit, holding her soul hostage.

I think the former case at least isn't a cursed technique since Maki states that she didn't have a "resistance to curses", and we know Yuta doesn't have some immunity to Cursed Techniques.

I was referring to Curses like the one in volume zero, that after biting Maki cursed her. Causing her to die from poison (Though was saved thanks to Yuta). Or how Yuta cursed Rika into becoming a Cursed Spirit, holding her soul hostage.

I think the former case at least isn't a cursed technique since Maki states that she didn't have a "resistance to curses", and we know Yuta doesn't have some immunity to Cursed Techniques.
In this situation it was either a special trait/ability of that curse that it poisoned people or it was a Volume 0 retcon, since that hasn't ever been brought up again. In fact, Maki is later shown to be more resistant to stuff based on her enhanced body (Like with Dagon and Jogo's techniques (though in Dagon's case he wasnt really focusing on her))

Would it be possible that he could just revert himself because to skin like properties via his ability to manipulate his own soul?
Yes. As long as petrification is something that impacts the victim's body and not their soul, Mahito resists it. Now that I think about it, does Saiki have any way to target the soul? Its possible he would learn of Mahito's weakness through mind reading but he would still need to have soul powers to beat him. At best, this would make it Incon since he can easily keep himself away from Mahito but not kill him.

In this situation it was either a special trait/ability of that curse that it poisoned people or it was a Volume 0 retcon, since that hasn't ever been brought up again. In fact, Maki is later shown to be more resistant to stuff based on her enhanced body (Like with Dagon and Jogo's techniques (though in Dagon's case he wasnt really focusing on her))
I believe they planned to use this as justification for Curses being able to curse people in a Cursed Spirit physiology page tho. I don't think this was a cursed technique due to how it was worded. It just seems like Curses have a unique property that lets them poison people, and can have a Cursed Technique. So it doesn't make sense to say Maki resists Cursed Techniques as justification for not being able to resist an entirely different unrelated property of Curses. I believe this was also shown when Yuji's friend was hospitalized for months IIRC despite not being mauled by the Cursed Spirits that attacked him.

Yuta also seemed to curse Rika as I mentioned, keeping her soul prisoner in a Cursed Spirit shell.
Yes. As long as petrification is something that impacts the victim's body and not their soul, Mahito resists it. Now that I think about it, does Saiki have any way to target the soul? Its possible he would learn of Mahito's weakness through mind reading but he would still need to have soul powers to beat him. At best, this would make it Incon since he can easily keep himself away from Mahito but not kill him.
It does say he can separate the soul from the body in Saiki's profile. But that's it. Not sure if he could separate the soul from the body here since Mahito's body is his soul/form.

Doesn't Saiki rarely use that? I haven't watched all of Saiki, but I only remember him using it once, and it wasn't his intention (IIRC, he lost his glasses, or someone took them from him, and he accidentally petrified them). Though I do wonder how petrification would interact with Mahito. Because he can manipulate his own soul to change the properties and features of his body. Would it be possible that he could just revert himself because to skin like properties via his ability to manipulate his own soul?
Saiki rarely to never fights in the first place. And I was thinking about this mostly to get rid of bystanders.

Given, Saiki is smart enough to think of it and telepathy and stuff applies.

When petrified the targets are not conscious anymore IIRC, so it's questionable whether he could. If stone is even in the range of changes.

I don't see anything about this in his first two keys (On in his profile in general. I guess it's just something that people forgot to add). How much faster does their brain work?
It's mentioned in the reality warping in the Notable A/T that he can do that, although he has in fact already done it so, yeah, probably something to add.

As for how fast... As you can see here it boosts a regular human enough to have a whole big internal monologue in the time after a baseball was thrown, but before it became clear whether or not it curves.

If Mahito touches you, you're like instantly converted into a flesh abomination who's brain doesn't function correctly anymore. They obey him, and eventually die, because transfiguration destroys the brain stem.

12.jpg
13.jpg

So if Saiki was transfigured, he wouldn't be able to think of reverting back. His brains would already be dead due to the shock of his bodies system as a result of cellular transfiguration. To put it simply, they become mindless corpses who follow commands Mahito gives them.
If it's due to the brain it might not work. Saiki can astral project his conscious out of his body, meaning that he doesn't strictly need his own brian to think.

A risk? Why, is it not something he has on all the time? Though I'm not sure if Mahito being in space would exactly kill him given he's not human, but rather a spirit.
Because... he doesn't have it on all the time? And while it might not kill it would BFR.

Saiki rarely to never fights in the first place. And I was thinking about this mostly to get rid of bystanders.

Given, Saiki is smart enough to think of it and telepathy and stuff applies.

When petrified the targets are not conscious anymore IIRC, so it's questionable whether he could. If stone is even in the range of changes.
Petrify civilians? Or am I misunderstanding.

I assume that's because their brain is also petrified. But as a Cursed Spirit, I don't think that'd be the case. Given they're some ghostly entity with their consciousness tied to things other than a human brain. Could be wrong tho.
It's mentioned in the reality warping in the Notable A/T that he can do that, although he has in fact already done it so, yeah, probably something to add.

As for how fast... As you can see here it boosts a regular human enough to have a whole big internal monologue in the time after a baseball was thrown, but before it became clear whether or not it curves.
Ah, I recall this now. Though I thought this was all stuff he did to other people, not himself (Like making others people's hair unnatural colors so he fits in). If he can apply it to himself, that should be able to counteract Mahito's speed buff.
If it's due to the brain it might not work. Saiki can astral project his conscious out of his body, meaning that he doesn't strictly need his own brian to think.
It's because the person has their minds altered, and because Mahito gives orders to their body until it dies (Giving them trace amounts of Cursed Energy). Keep in mind, Mahito transfigures people by deforming their soul, not their body:

1.jpg
2.jpg

So Saiki would need the ability to survive his soul being disfigured (Which in a "chain reaction" causes his body to deform and die). So he shouldn't be surviving Idle Transfiguration given how it affects and kills off the soul and body.

Because... he doesn't have it on all the time? And while it might not kill it would BFR.
Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification. How deep into space are people transported by it?

Ah, I recall this now. Though I thought this was all stuff he did to other people, not himself (Like making others people's hair unnatural colors so he fits in). If he can apply it to himself, that should be able to counteract Mahito's speed buff.
Saiki's mind is already boosted.
During his battle against an alternate version of himself, he manages to give a great monologue (of possibly more than one page), just when his other version without limiters just a second before was teleporting.

Saiki's mind is already boosted.
During his battle against an alternate version of himself, he manages to give a great monologue (of possibly more than one page), just when his other version without limiters just a second before was teleporting.
It worked on soccerers who minds are boosted. Anyway 0 point 2 second domain is a wrap.

It worked on soccerers who minds are boosted. Anyway 0 point 2 second domain is a wrap.
Teleporting is instantaneous, and Saiki alternate had taken off the limiter and was spamming teleportation.
And wouldn't Saiki's mindhax help here?

Teleporting is instantaneous, and Saiki alternate had taken off the limiter and was spamming teleportation.
And wouldn't Saiki's mindhax help here?
I don’t think mind hax work I think sorcerers and cursed greatly resist mind hax. Yeah but 0.2 is way too fast for him to process. And unless you damage or affect mahito soul he is practically invincible.

He isn’t dumb he would see that he is a threat and just use domain when he realizes he can’t approach him he will just use domain.
Not really, he usually only does such if he has prior knowledge or has been forced to because of threat. I'm not saying he will never pull it out but without knowledge, he isn't just going to snipe a .02 DE. He is much more likely to play with his opponent until he sees something that makes him change his mind, but at that point it may be too late.

He also has to be in range to trap his opponent which means he will surely need to fight before using it.

Back