• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strife of the Reborn (RP Thread)

"I do wonder when the next power hunt will start. These do certainly add a little spice to the world."

I say, the pupils in my eyes darting around at supersonic speeds. It may look weird, but it is done in order to manage my fleet of space monsters.

Kusanagi looks at herself for a bit, then forms a few disks and other forms of ki, before tossing them into the sky.

"I suppose this works. A new type of power was given to me on account of my wish."

She noted.
"Oooh! Oooh! I can do those too, hold on" Brusel puts his palms forwards, before forming pink and red energy discs, which he throws into the air. However, he starts moving them around, a bit difficult for him to do, however he's got the hang of it seemingly.

Hmmmmm.

Llwn is, as usual, quite bored. It would feel rude to directly bring a challenge like he did before, and few people here would really be a fight, rather than just shooting energy at each other for a few minutes, and even fewer a real fight unless they're both out for blood, which isn't the intention. Kusanagi is a safe bet, but... he can't quite put his finger of it, but it just doesn't feel like a good idea. Even if he wanted another bout with her, she seems somewhat busy herself.

Well, this is annoying.

As Kiara flies, she comes to a spot that's been giving her... well, a lot of gripes. The great pacific garbage patch.

"Oh my me, this place smells... humans don't know how to take care of themselves."

Kiara holds her hand out and it begins to glow. She begins to utilize her matter manipulation on the trash, changing large patches of it on a subatomic level into clean saltwater. She starts to fly across the patch, repeating this process continuously.

I do not know how to describe this feeling. Sitting around like a duck, just endlessly acting upon my fleet, who gets to work on all the... i suppose, fun, is the word i could use here.

I believe humans call this feeling "being bored". Which is exactly why i could easily tell what the other slim, yet toned gentleman was feeling. It seems emotions are an easy to spot phenomena.

I approach him.

"Hello. I believe i have not catched your name, but are you peharps also "bored"?"

The last word had a weird intonation, almost as if i had asked "am i using this word right?"

[@Hl3_or_bust]

Just before the appearance of the magic man, Llwn had heaved himself onto the edge of the lookout and was glaring outwards.

"Hm? Oh, yes, I suppose."

I sit on the edge of the lookout and stare directly into the sun. That was a bad idea. I simply move to looking down.

"What a coincidence, i feel the same. I'm still learning these things but... how does one even satisfy their boredom?"

Llwn turns to look at the man.

"You're quite a strange one, aren't you, Hiklakukan? As for your question, that depends on you more than anything I can really tell you. It's simply what you like doing, but at the same time, trying to force your way through it often has the opposite effect."

Hiklawhat? And he calls me the strange one...

"I see. Sounds complicated."

Somehow, i smirk. That's new.

"What do you like to do to shave off boredom, then?"

"Well..."

Llwn scratches the side of his head.

"In my old world, I spent most of my timing planning my next hunt. There were so many variables and factors to consider that it was never dry or boring, at least to me. I was constantly trying to surpass myself in that aspect, both for the sake of my village and simple ego. Now... nothing is really a threat, nothing needs much planning unless you go out of your way to complicate it. And even if I tried, there's basically infinitely more factors to consider, and whoever is administrating this series of events could probably just go out of their way to do something that wasn't accounted for.

"It's essentially throwing all long-term planning and thought into a fire, and that's a lot more annoying to someone like me than it probably sounds, although I feel you might understand why."

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"Within the dark of night, a sleepless night,
I part with the waters womb in jubilance as my head leaves in its cradle,
sending joyful ripples along the surface."

Lailah doesn't stop moving after seeing the slashes, instead she chants those few words, and Kusanagi could notice that the aura both around the area, and Lailah's body changed for just a moment, resembling heavy winds in nature, although this quickly fades as instead, a Rakshasa appears behind her and attempts to block the slashes that weren't coming from the left.

Lailah swings her own blade to meet those ones, the aura that wasn't currently in use from her Hatsu was all being put into the blade.

@Paul_Frank

The slashes cleave through the Rakshasa as if it almost wasn't even there, leaving some still heading for Lailah. Though she does successfully meet the slash of the calamitous blade of Orochi, the other slashes do cut into her somewhat, causing her arms and legs to bleed somewhat as they almost pull her into themselves. The pain from the slashes seems amplified in a way, that it would hurt far more than normal.

A wave of darkness fills the room exiting from Kusanagi, as Lailah feels somewhat more sluggish due to this wave.

Kusanagi just stares at Lailah with a vacant expression, and speaks with an eerily neutral voice.

"Yamata-no-Orochi, accept my sacrifice."

In an instant, part of Kusanagi's torso is obliterated, which she doesn't seem to mind in the slightest.

As this happens, the surroundings themselves seem to change, as both of them find themselves atop a raging sea. But there is little time to appreciate this, as the blades of Orochi all begin streaking towards Lailah, expanding into more and more blades, as the very water below them seems to turn to steel.

Kusanagi's torso begins reforming quickly, yet she does not act besides this.

@Yobo_Blue

"I cannot say. I will master it, take it further, I suppose. But besides that, I am unsure. It does seem rather useful, though more tended towards unarmed arts than sword combat, I must say."

"Well..."

Llwn scratches the side of his head.

"In my old world, I spent most of my timing planning my next hunt. There were so many variables and factors to consider that it was never dry or boring, at least to me. I was constantly trying to surpass myself in that aspect, both for the sake of my village and simple ego. Now... nothing is really a threat, nothing needs much planning unless you go out of your way to complicate it. And even if I tried, there's basically infinitely more factors to consider, and whoever is administrating this series of events could probably just go out of their way to do something that wasn't accounted for.

"It's essentially throwing all long-term planning and thought into a fire, and that's a lot more annoying to someone like me than it probably sounds, although I feel you might understand why."
I nod, sitting up from the edge.

"I understand. My vision has expanded through the cosmos, and time itself is a river my mind has rode many times. Even still, finding amazing things to do, having the trill of survival... i could never see such possibilities. And i don't think i ever will."

I close my eyes.

"So, are you looking for a way to excite yourself, or have you given up?"

Neron noticed the appearance of a strange magic on Earth.

"I guess it's that dragon, I'll have to do something with it eventually."
The hellLord continued to train his abilities and create new Demons with new powers, especially a very powerful type of Demon that made him smile

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"...In death I could see her again." Izanagi mumbles, clearly still thinking about something.

It were peaceful days. He had been helping out the woman with maintaining the hut and gathering and hunting for food. In the evening they would dine together and talk. That evening was no different. They were sitting on the porch of the hut, looking at the stars.

"So what's it like roaming around the world freely?" she asked, while tenderly stroking his hair.

"Before hearing about your situation I never gave it much thought. But it's a wonderful experience. And since when did I give you permission to pat me?"

"...Hmm. My dream is that one day we could travel the world together." she said as she continued patting him.

It was always 'one day'. "One day...Why not tomorrow?"

"You know I can't. I would be discovered and brought back."

"..."

"Hnh vision of the future, I should probably solve that disease before it spreads," Neron said as he tried something with a statue.

The human avatar, Frank Noren stopped at an airport, approached the person without realizing it and touched the back of that man who brought a virus that would spread throughout the world causing the planetary quarantine but the HellLord discarded that, then he left that airport.

Neron does a lot of charity work to improve life expectancy, giving people more time to damn themselves.

"Heh."

Llwn smirks.

"We don't seem particularly compatible, ability-wise, if that's what you're suggesting."
I simply give a wry smile.

"Well, i still have yet to be in a real fight. You'd imagine that wouldn't be the case, with how many power hungry characters we have."

"I cannot say. I will master it, take it further, I suppose. But besides that, I am unsure. It does seem rather useful, though more tended towards unarmed arts than sword combat, I must say."
Hearing this, Brusel simply summons a sword out of thin air. "You can use it for sword combat, just look at this" The sword starts to glow blue, growing larger. Then, with a simple slash, he releases all the Ki concentrated on the sword into a swift slash of Ki.

Hearing this, Brusel simply summons a sword out of thin air. "You can use it for sword combat, just look at this" The sword starts to glow blue, growing larger. Then, with a simple slash, he releases all the Ki concentrated on the sword into a swift slash of Ki.
”Wow! You seem like more of a martial fighter though. So, which is it?”

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"The crisp air trembled as we played,
exchanging cries loud and high; my hair, drenched and green, danced in the air.
And so we danced on, my hair drying in the cool air."

In response to the slashes making contact with her, Lailah completely shuts down her sense of pain, allowing herself to feel nothing, while this normally would result in delayed reactions, she would instead rely on her other senses for that purpose.

In the moment all the blades were streaking towards Lailah, three things occurred. First, four more arms and three more faces appear
on her, making her resemble an Asura, and removing any sort of blind spots. Then two of the arms place their hands together, and project her domain, at the same time, the one holding the sword slashed, as she slashed, the area within her En, the entire domain, was attacked as well, it wasn't multiple slashes, just a single one projected throughout her entire range from different angles, but due to the properties of the domain, it would hit the blades and Kusanagi, twisting space to defend against the attacks for the 0.2 seconds she'd leave the domain up for.

"Briah: Csejte Ungarn Nachtzehre."

As the chant completed Lailah's aura changed to a deep red, and the shadows around her seemed to come to life and cling to her tightly.

Last edited:
I simply give a wry smile.

"Well, i still have yet to be in a real fight. You'd imagine that wouldn't be the case, with how many power hungry characters we have."
"Well, in my view, there are "types" of fights, ranging from simple bouts meant to break boredom or train, to more serious bouts with actual stakes, and fights to the death. Obviously, the final isn't something that should be engaged-in willy-nilly."

Flying at Mach 250 speeds is one hell of a drug. Once Kiara's done, there's one less UK-sized garbage patch in the ocean.

"Whew... That should keep the planet going a bit longer. Ooh, I should do something about that 'Global Warning' thing!"

Kiara, with that in mind, portals back to her base. "Drone time, baby!"

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"Thaos was the grand priest of a cult know as the Leaden Key, but in the past past was something more", he started.

"Was one of the most intelligent members of his people, the Engwithan, he and his people had a goal over two millennia ago ... as in, finding the gods of my world"

"But unfortunately, he found nothing, causing a crisis on faith in the minds of the Engwithan and the start of a threat that could have spread the chaos in all of Eora"

"But, he had an idea ... if there weren't gods, then they had to create them"

Sophia gets up from the ground, patting her clothes to get the dust of herself, as she takes a few seconds to assest.

Afterwards, she looks towards the orc ... orchess ? ... nah, Orc.

"Well, hello there."

Looks oddly calm for an orc, maybe she won't even need to smite it.

Sophia gets up from the ground, patting her clothes to get the dust of herself, as she takes a few seconds to assest.

Afterwards, she looks towards the orc ... orchess ? ... nah, Orc.

"Well, hello there."

Looks oddly calm for an orc, maybe she won't even need to smite it.
“Hello there as well. What’s your name?”

Neron continued to train and use his new creation to learn new forms of combat through the past, present and future, hundreds of years learned in moments.

the Eldritch Aura that all demons had, now in Neron it was amplified to such an extent that inanimate objects were feeling something that is impossible, the emotion of fear due to their most powerful Creation, Beastheads.

"I...

need..

MORE POWER" Neron grew stronger every second

@Hl3_or_bust

"I understand now... have you ever been in a situation where you thought you would die then?"
"Many times, in fact, although none recent. Despite our advantage in intelligence and weaponry compared to most other beings on my old world, we were low on the totem pole, so to speak, without special effort. Our bodies were frail and our strength greatly lacking, especially compared to the many beasts that roamed the steppe. I was one of the stronger people I knew, including other races of beings but excluding the out-and-out beasts, and many of those things could've instantly killed me if I was unlucky."

Such world is difficult to grasp.

"I come from no world. It was only a blank space where nothing ever happened. No tales to tell, no legacy to leave behind. I envy the position you were in..."

Which does make me wonder.

"Do you miss it?"

Weaponry, Devices, Defenses...

Kiara's mind was racing with new possibilities granted to her by her wish, and now she was in a hurry to create them all. Within mere hours, she had developed her first of what she called EMDs (Environmental Maintenance Drones), and once the schematic was finished, she could freely construct more from raw matter, creating duplicates of it as she saw fit.

The machines were designed rather simply. They would absorb pollutants from the atmosphere and filter them out from the clean air. Greenhouse gases, smog, anything that shouldn't be there would be siphoned out. Within a year, the earth's atmosphere would hopefully have a hundred years of damage undone.

From there, it was simply a matter of sending them out. It wouldn't be the only thing she needed to accomplish, but she had more pressing matters on hand.

"I need more power," She muttered to herself as she looked towards the unfinished masterpiece she had been working on. It was almost done, and with her newfound prowess, it would become much easier to finish it.

Back