• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strife of the Reborn (RP Thread)

Llwn reaction doesn't change much, although from what little occurs, it is clear he's only more suspicious.

"I don't buy that. Why would she have to swear her allies to secrecy with that sort of goal? If anything, broadcasting that to everyone available would be the ideal action, and yet that's clearly not what is happening."
Layla looks confused.

"Sworn to secrecy? This is news to me. I certainly haven't been in any case. Regardless, if you don't believe me, maybe you should just ask her directly. Would you like me to reintroduce you?"

"haha, of course..."

Kiara floats back, as darkness and what appears to be seafoam manifests and gathers around her, covering her entirely in a swirling dark vortex not unlike a spinning stormcloud. The cloud grows, to no less than 100 meters tall, before fading away, where it reveals Kiara in her true form.

From the waist up, she appears mostly unchanged (albeit now bare-chested, before being covered by a series of swirling streams of water), with her arms covered in chitinous armor and bladed, shimmering fins sprouting from them. From the waist down, her body has become that of a large fish, multicolored scales shimmering in the light of the barrier and a blade-like tail swishing about. She sits on nothingness, smiling down at the two that have now become much smaller than her.

"It's... a bit bigger than yours."

@Labyrinth

"We certainly can."

She replied, before seeing Kiara take on her current form.

"A mermaid? And, well, I could likely increase the size of this form, but I find that inconvenient."

She noted out loud at the comment.

@Yobo_Blue

"Well, you wanted to go inside that chamber, didn't you? Might as well do that now."

[Basically just saying this because WHY seems to be absent for the moment, sadly, so we can continue that part for now]

@Labyrinth

"We certainly can."

She replied, before seeing Kiara take on her current form.

"A mermaid? And, well, I could likely increase the size of this form, but I find that inconvenient."

She noted out loud at the comment.

@Yobo_Blue

"Well, you wanted to go inside that chamber, didn't you? Might as well do that now."

[Basically just saying this because WHY seems to be absent for the moment, sadly, so we can continue that part for now]
“Oh? is the other person done then?”

"A mermaid mixed with an endbringer. Perhaps more specifically, this mermaid is from my witch form. I imagine Lailah knows what I'm talking about."

"Indeed, I showed off my witch form earlier even." Lailah comments

"It looks nice, although I see it uhh, has the same issue as Kusanagi's form regarding the chest area."

"Hmm, I suppose the rate of new witches being made has slowed to a crawl recently compared to what it once was." Lailah affirms

"So you're offering to just, provide souls and negativity for me then? As long as that includes life energy I should be all set then, and I won't suck cities into the barriers manually anymore."

"Why do you desire to stop this from happening by the way? Do you have some plan for humanity, or is this out of some sort of misplaced feeling of having to protect them?"
"It is my duty as high priestest of Arkos to aid and protect the populance of this world, to shield them from danger and help them grow."

"I'm fine, perfectly fine. Look."

Kusanagi said, creating a few whirlpools that shot water up into the sky to try distract people.
This only makes Sophia more worried.

"You don't feel fine nor you sound so, you almost seem like in turmoil."

Sophia says as floats to her side.

"I promise that i won't judge you, no matter what it is, so please tell me what is the cause of this."

She says telephatically, thinking that maybe if they talked like that she would be more willing to say what is causing her distress.

"To aid and protect the people of this world and help them grow huh?" Lailah repeats somewhat incredulously

"What an interesting faith you have."

"In any case, as I said, I suppose I can refrain from pulling entire cities into the barriers manually again. And the lives of those from that Mexican town are permanently lost. Is there anything else you wanted Ms. Priestess?"

"Okay. My name is Lailah, as you may know." She responds in kind

"So Ms. Sophia, is there anything else you wanted, or is this meeting adjourned?"

"Okay. My name is Lailah, as you may know." She responds in kind

"So Ms. Sophia, is there anything else you wanted, or is this meeting adjourned?"
"I didn't know actually."

"Anyway, there would be a few more things Lailah, first off being, just how many souls do you need ?"

@Labyrinth

Kusanagi goes red for a bit again at the mention of that.

"R-right, I had to use my power to cover that part. Either way, we've all seen our appearances now then."

@Yobo_Blue

"More or less, I think."

She explained, heading towards the chamber again.

@beach

"Just me getting embarrassed a bit, it's resolved now. Situations I'm not used to dealing with."

Kusanagi explained herself.

"Anyway, what should we try next?"

@overlord

Lailah pauses in thought, trying to think of a good number

"...a lot? Not entirely sure on a specific number, I'd just know when I reached 'enough'. A few hundred thousand maybe? I already have 118 thousandish."

@labyrinth

"Indeed we have, that's a good trust exercise to start with, I think."

@Beach

"That seems to be a thing people do at the beach, yes."

Layla looks confused.

"Sworn to secrecy? This is news to me. I certainly haven't been in any case. Regardless, if you don't believe me, maybe you should just ask her directly. Would you like me to reintroduce you?"
"Well, as should be apparent, I was banking on that being the case. And, somehow, I doubt that will work without me having to somehow "get in" on the plan, if that makes sense."

@Labyrinth

Kusanagi goes red for a bit again at the mention of that.

"R-right, I had to use my power to cover that part. Either way, we've all seen our appearances now then."

@Yobo_Blue

"More or less, I think."

She explained, heading towards the chamber again.

@beach

"Just me getting embarrassed a bit, it's resolved now. Situations I'm not used to dealing with."

Kusanagi explained herself.

"Anyway, what should we try next?"
“Should I bring the materials I brought just in case? I’m still curious about what embarrassed you though.”

@Labyrinth

"Right. I believe she may still be gathering power for that at the moment. I remember her saying that some of the abilities I had may be useful for such a thing."

Kusanagi noted, the embarrassment fading somewhat here.

"Also, before.. t-this, I was showing her my memories, because I'd seen some of hers earlier, in case you were wondering exactly what was happening earlier."

@Beach

"Sand castles, right. We should try some of those."

Kusanagi said, leaping out of the water and starting to shape one through telekinesis. When patted, she just twitched slightly.

@Yobo_Blue

"Just a conversation somewhere. Also, yes, do bring them in. All the materials I myself need are always with me however."

Three beings made out of sand, only visible by a few, hover behind the Brusels, as the sand raises, and it starts morphing itself to create a giant castle. A real castle.

@Labyrinth

"Right. I believe she may still be gathering power for that at the moment. I remember her saying that some of the abilities I had may be useful for such a thing."

Kusanagi noted, the embarrassment fading somewhat here.

"Also, before.. t-this, I was showing her my memories, because I'd seen some of hers earlier, in case you were wondering exactly what was happening earlier."

@Beach

"Sand castles, right. We should try some of those."

Kusanagi said, leaping out of the water and starting to shape one through telekinesis. When patted, she just twitched slightly.

@Yobo_Blue

"Just a conversation somewhere. Also, yes, do bring them in. All the materials I myself need are always with me however."
“You’re not gonna tell me are you.”

@beach

Kusanagi's creation is equally grandiose, a sand based recreation of the castle in her old world. Those of Earth would recognize it as Eastern in design.

@labyrinth

"Well, no.. But they do grant perspective, I suppose. They showed my past, how I got where I was."

She explained, sounding a bit somber, but not letting herself be down too much.

@Yobo_Blue

"I'll consider it once we're done with the planned work."

@beach

Kusanagi's creation is equally grandiose, a sand based recreation of the castle in her old world. Those of Earth would recognize it as Eastern in design.

@labyrinth

"Well, no.. But they do grant perspective, I suppose. They showed my past, how I got where I was."

She explained, sounding a bit somber, but not letting herself be down too much.

@Yobo_Blue

"I'll consider it once we're done with the planned work."
“I forgot what we were going to do.”

@Labyrinth

"I see... Sorry, but I don't really have any abilities that would let me do that." She shrugs, laughing a bit. "Guess my backstory is still brooding and mysterious, huh?"

@Overlord775

"I have a plan for this world that I need a good bit of power for. And they can help fuel some of the things required for this. It's a good plan though, I promise, so worry not Ms. Sophia."

@ZephyrosOmega

"Hmm. Well this stuff distracted me a bit, but, it shouldn't be too long, I have also been looking into some alternate methods still besides the one I talked about last, although these newer methods I've found might be a bit harder to do. In any case, not too long probably as I said, but I do have to develop counters for several of the forces present here first, and try to make sure people like Sophia won't try and stop it."

"Anyway, as for memories, you could still tell us about your brooding and mysterious backstory, if you wanted to at least." She comments

@The_Divine_Phoenix

Lailah reaches up to pat Kusanagi on the head

"Things won't end up like that again though, they'll get better from here on out."

@Labyrinth

"I... Thank you, I am glad to hear that. I'll do all I can to ensure they do too."

She said, smiling.

"For your plan, I don't know if too many would oppose it to be honest. Though it does change the natural order, it is still something done for the sake of good."

Kusanagi declared confidently.

"I could project it for you if you'd like, it is up to you."

She concluded, noting that she could show Kiara's memories if she so chose.

@Yobo_Blue

"Do you need any aid with that?"

She inquired.

@Labyrinth

"I... Thank you, I am glad to hear that. I'll do all I can to ensure they do too."

She said, smiling.

"For your plan, I don't know if too many would oppose it to be honest. Though it does change the natural order, it is still something done for the sake of good."

Kusanagi declared confidently.

"I could project it for you if you'd like, it is up to you."

She concluded, noting that she could show Kiara's memories if she so chose.

@Yobo_Blue

"Do you need any aid with that?"

She inquired.
“I wouldn’t say so, no.”
ikkath enters

@Labyrinth

"Well, if you insist..."

Kiara shrinks down to a more appropriate size, shedding her excess mass and transmuting it into harmless mist as she does so, and connects to Kusanagi's projection. An image of a black-haired girl in a japanese schoolgirl's uniform and holding a Katana is shown, fighting some black-colored humanoid with a blue mask alongside several other people, including a blonde girl with arrays of thorns and a muscular man punching through an energy blast.

"My mom's name is Ichika Yuuki, and about 20 years ago she was summoned just like we were. She founded a group of friends pretty similar to what we're doing, and they eventually killed the god who summoned him and took his powers. Before mom revived him as a twink permanently stuck in a skirt, but that's a story for another time"

As she talks, a series of videos are shown.

The girl from earlier, Ichika, now with a mechanical body as she throws out a group of spears at a black-haired demon.

Ichika bearing horns and a gaping hole in her chest, riding a hippogriff as she duels a man with crimson hair.

Ichika, sitting on a throne, with no less than seven others sitting at a round table with her...

And ichika, leading the charge alongside a white-haired girl and the muscular man from before, attacking a god-like being.

@Paul_Frank

"If it's a good plan, then why do you wish to tell me about it ?"

Sophia wants to know.

@beach

Sophia uses her Earth Element control to shape the sand too, creating a grand cathedral-like structure out of it, it's style resembling a mix between Ancient Greece and High Gothic.

@labyrinth

Lailah nods along to the projections

"A god slayer as a parent, nice."

@Overlord775

"Because... I don't have good experiences with religious folk.." She mumbles before taking a deep breath

"Okay fine, the plan is to create a world where no one is cast aside for things outside of their control, where people aren't ostracized for being different for instance. And as of Kiara's request, one without needless hatred as well. To make a world where the shunned and spurned aren't cast aside and forgotten after being squeezed of all they're worth, especially when they can't control what got them discriminated against." As she says this last part, she sounds distant, as if remembering something, and then shakes her head to regain her composure and continues speaking

"I want a world where I, and those close to me can feel like we belong, where others like ourselves can live, without being excluded by humanity, since that's how humans are by nature, you should know that much Ms. Sophia."

Back